what is true spirituality...?

what is true spirituality...?

Postby gayathri » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:40 pm

After attending the basic art of living course, I am now more than eager to learn more about spirituality.

Can anyone please tell me what is true spirituality? Also can ordinary persons like me achieve it?
I have read some books on the topic but I like to know from someone who have some sort of personal experience..
gayathri

Re: what is true spirituality...?

Postby jyoti » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm

To my belief and experience, actual spirituality is not just doing course at Art of Living or doing meditation. It is about connecting yourself to divine power which is within oneself, within ones environment and within this universe and in simple worlds connecting to god.

Certainly meditation is the only way through which one can achieve it. It is only through feelings from which you can know yourself on which stair you're currently standing in path of achieving it.

In India, I myself have seen such people who have some spiritual powers.........sometime it gets me scared when they can just tell my past so clearly and so vividly. And off course they also have achieved it through their vast meditation and belief in supreme power of god.
jyoti

Postby falguni1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:33 pm

spirituality means understanding that we should not run after materialistic things.
understanding our own nature and form. I agree with jyoti.
falguni1

Postby gayathri » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Thank you all for sharing your views...I know it can be achieved only through connecting ourselves with the brahma... the true spirit ...
gayathri

Postby vijaymanglani » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Through meditation not only we can achieve ourselfs in all activies, but also we can meet with god.
If we concentrate with no more things in our mind only in meditation then we will defenetly become successful in meeting with god .
with proper spirituality we can achieve any thing in life whatever we want.
vijaymanglani

Postby priya » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 pm

True spirituality is to experienced.... it cannot be explained.
priya

Return to Spiritual Talk