Do not want to change my last name post marriage

This section is for Art of Living Devotees who would like to render some words to our beloved Guruji - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Hope Guruji will listen to what we say over here. Jai Guru Dev!

Do not want to change my last name post marriage

Postby meanderer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:39 am

JaiGurudev,

I have been married for 3 years now to a very conservative family. They want me to change my last name, but I do not wish to. My name is my identity and I do not wish to change it. At the same time, my husband's family is hell bent on getting it changed. They think it is an insult to my new family if I dont change my name. My husband, who was indifferent earlier, wants me to change my name too, saying that I want my entire family to have the same last name, else it will confuse our children later on.

I am totally a loss as to what to do. My husband is a loving person and takes care of me well. My in laws are also sweet and take care of me. I do not want this small reason to be cause of any rift between me and my new family, but at the same time I do not want to change the name.

I am totally in a fix.

Gurudev, please guide me.

Thanking you
Meanderer
meanderer

Re: Do not want to change my last name post marriage

Postby meanderer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:56 am

Someone please advise.
meanderer

Re: Do not want to change my last name post marriage

Postby ramniwas » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:38 am

HELLO MISS
what ever be ur view to not to change your last name
but this is everyday said that a person is to change according to the situations cange,
thats why in our religion it is also made by giving a new birth to a girl as a woman and chaging her identity she couples with him and she gets her half life into her husband.
i wish u would like it...........
ramniwas

Return to Say Jai Guru Dev to Guruji