Is necessary that we shiould have own guru?

Is necessary that we shiould have own guru?

Postby vijaymanglani » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Is it necessary for us that we should have a guru?What is the importance of guru in our life?
vijaymanglani

Re: Is necessary that we shiould have own guru?

Postby priya » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Join ART OF LIVING and than you know the importance.
priya

Postby wildflower » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 pm

To me,
Having a guru is like having a mom. when I am hurt or confused, I go running to him.

Spiritual Growth is like running a marathon without a precut path. and having a guru feels like a beacon you can look upto and feel safe and ask for guidance.

I don't yet do bhajans or any pooja practices seriously. But He is always there in the background for me.
I do Kriya, irregularly.

I pick a handfull of his quotes and remind myself of that.

People are scared to have a guru b'cos it looks rigid or like ' lot of work' of 'lot of rules'.
doesn't have to be,
Start small, keep it simple.
Ask for guidance and you'll get it.

W
wildflower

Postby bharadwajbalaji » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Is it necessary we should have our own Guru?
We have no choice in it. We all have a Guru. It is only our little ego that prevents us from accepting Him or opening up to Him. He cares for us always, whether or not we regard Him. We must all surrender to our Guru and then see His grace which has been always flowing through us. Makes our life much more wonderful and enjoyable.

'Our Guru'
The beauty of the Guru is that it is at once both singular and plural. There is not one Guru, but many Gurus who are manifestation of the One Divinity. We can choose one of them and call them as 'My Guru' till our consciousness expands to embrace all forms of the Guru. Sometimes you may have been to some other Guruji or Swamiji whom your family regards as Guru and respects. You may feel an hinderance in seeing Sri Sri as a Guru for yourself, it is ok, but nonetheless, you must do this course. It will always benefit you.
bharadwajbalaji

Postby rohit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Guru is the one who will show you the way when you are lost.

When you reach that point in life when you are too confused and feel powerless, then you what you need is a "REALIZATION".
(Imagine yourself standing on an ocean beach and looking towards the ocean wave - everything looks same and feary ).

Guru is the one who will make you realize about " THE POWER INSIDE YOU".
rohit

Return to General Discussion on Art of Living