how to become one's own doctor!

how to become one's own doctor!

Postby sastaking » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Swasthavritta is concerned with the maintenance of health.
‘Swasthavritta’ literally means ‘the regime of abiding in one’s own nature’

Cleaning your Nasal Cavity…

Perform Jalaneti (Nose Washing) as a part of your daily routine!
All it needs is water and a nose was cup(neti pot)!
Though this technique requires to be learnt, it is a simple method of washing the nasal opening, allowing it to run through the nose and taking it out from the other nasal opening.
This process cleans the channels and prevents conditions like sinusitis, headaches, etc.

Nasya is another process that may be done everyday as part of your daily routine. It entails applying about two drops of oil (either sesame oil or anuthaila) to each nostril by forceful inhalation. This has to be done while you are lying down. Once complete, continue to lying down for about five minutes. Be sure to spit out any oil that drips into your throat, during this process! Also gargle with hot water to clean your throat off oil.

Cleaning your Ears…

Clean your ears thoroughly everyday, by applying a few drops of sesame oil to each ear and then cleaning with a soft cotton swab. Never insert any sharp objects into your ears as part of any cleansing process.

Graying of hair: Chewing of tender curry leaves everyday decreases hair fall. Application of hair oil boiled with curry leaves prevents graying of hair.
sastaking

Re: how to become one's own doctor!

Postby johny2006 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm

Graying of hair: Chewing of tender curry leaves everyday decreases hair fall. Application of hair oil boiled with curry leaves prevents graying of hair.

Thanks for this information..
I am really suffering from hair fall. I will try out this option. Also please tell, at least for how long should I continue the oil application?
johny2006

Postby himanshu » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 pm

Hair loss is one of the major problem now a days faced by people every age.

Curry leaves contain Vitamin A which is good for hair. It is known as Mitha neem or Kathnim in Hindi (Indian Languange).
himanshu

Postby vijaymanglani » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Thank you for information.I will try all the suggestion you have mentioned above.But for hair the suggestion is working or not??
vijaymanglani

Return to General Discussion on Art of Living